What is a New Zealand Apartment
New Zealand Apartments is a collective group of similar style holiday apartment properties providing accommodation to international and domestic travellers or holiday makers throughout New Zealand.
Each apartment is available for a short term stay in exactly the same way you would book and stay in a hotel.
You can either book online or phone the central reservation office in New Zealand to make an enquiry or booking for any of the properties within the group.
Below is a list of what to generally expect from a New Zealand Apartment. For full details please refer to individual property pages on our website. Each property is unique in style and location so slight variations occur.
- Apartments are available to accommodate your group size with 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms for 2, 4 or 6 people.
- All bedrooms are separate with closed off doors from living areas or hallways. Beds can be made up in doubles or singles on request.
- Kitchen, dining and living areas are all separate, usually within an open plan design.
- Bathrooms are separate or en suite or both.
- Laundries are in room.
- Studio apartments have a bed in the living area, as the entire apartment is located in one space or room. (like a very large hotel room with cooking facilities.)
- Onsite receptions (see operating hours on individual property pages)
- Most have live in or onsite managers.
- Central city apartments have after hours duty manager access.
- Three properties have off site receptions and an onsite meet and greet has to be pre arranged. We provide all details of how to do this at the time of booking.
You are given a phone contact which is available 24 hours should you require assistance.
Security and Parking
- All apartments offer a very high level of security and privacy.
- Free onsite parking is available at all properties, except central city apartments in Wellington and Auckland where a daily fee of between $10 - $20 applies.
- Some properties offer secure garaging, but this needs to requested if available, at the time of booking.
- Apartments vary from stand alone individual town house style to apartments in a high rise or low rise (2-4 levels) block.
- All high rise apartments are lift / elevator serviced. Low rise apartments have elevator or stairway access.
- If you have difficulty with stairs please advise so we can arrange a ground floor apartment or advise you of the situation.
Photo: Exterior of The Edgewater Palms Apartments, Paihia, the Bay of Islands.
- All 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments have fully equipped kitchens which include glasses and cups, cutlery, crockery, pots and pans, serving dishes and utensils.
- Also standard are jug, toaster, full oven and electric or gas cook top, full size refrigerator usually with a freezer, microwave and generally a dishwasher. All appliances are of a standard to rival any quality private home.
- Dishwashing liquid, cleaners and tea towels are also supplied.
All kitchens enable full self catering or entertaining.
- Studio Apartments generally have the above, but cooking facilities are limited to a microwave and hotplate. If booking a studio please enquire if the cooking facilities are important to you, as they do vary between properties.
- Basic supplies of tea, coffee, sugar and milk are supplied.
Photo: Kitchen of a 3 bedroom apartment at Clarion Suites Apartments, Wanaka.
- Bathrooms are equipped with hairdryers, towels, face cloths, shampoo and conditioner.
- Generally there is a separate bath and shower and some properties have en suite options. If these are required, please request.
Photo: Bathroom of a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment at The Chamber Towers Apartments, Christchurch.
- Studio,1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments have all linen supplied and you arrive to your room ready made just like a hotel.
- All 1,2 and 3 bedroom apartments have bedrooms which are separate with closed off doors from living areas or hallways. Beds can be made up in doubles or singles on request.
- Studio apartments have a bed in the living area as the entire apartment is located in one space or room.
Photo: Bedroom of a Penthouse apartment at The Glebe Apartments, Queenstown
- In room laundries have a washing machine and dryer, iron and ironing board. Some have laundry tubs.
- General cleaning equipment including laundry powder ,a bucket, mop and broom etc are supplied
- All living areas have TV and music sound systems which vary in size and comfortable seating for every member in your party with plenty of space to relax.
Photo: living and dining area of an apartment at The Pacific Apartments in Mt Maunganui.
- All apartments are fully serviced on checkout.
- Servicing varies between properties, most offer a daily service which includes emptying rubbish bins and replacing towels. If you have specific requirements these must be advised and requested at the time of booking.